18.04.2010 - 25.04.2010 30 °C
So my wife and i took our BABYmoon, our last trip with only each other for a while, to hot and sunny Ocho Rios, Jamaica. A 1-week all-inclusive to Sandals Dunn's River all for R&R.
- Hot and sunny all week long, bit windy towards the end of the week but HOT HOT HOT morning, noon and night.
- Shot an 85 at the Sandals Golf and Country Club (par 71, 6100 yards) with my caddy, Presser, and rental clubs. Next time i know that cart is NOT mandatory and i should bring my clubs - rounds would cost $40 each time! Course was great too!
- Pools were excellent, alcohol was top shelf and even the fitness centre was amazing, it was even outdoors..in shade of course.
- Unfortunately this Sandals resort is closing at the end of June (apparently Sandals and the land owner did not come to a renewed lease agreement) and that sucks b/c i think this is the best Sandals resort in Ocho Rios (there are 2 others). The other 2 are so large that some guests get driven around in golf carts while one resort has a beach and the other resort has the main pool and you need to take a shuttle bus to get between the 2.
- Food was good, not excellent. cruise-ship food was much better.
- Went kayaking a few times in the ocean, water was crystal clear when it was not windy.
- Sandals resort is 99.9% couples
- Some of the activities they did were a bit cheesy, kind of made it feel like they were trying to be a Margaritaville-type place and catering specifically to party-seeking couples. I mean, i guess there definitely were the same group of couples that participated in all the events but it just seemed corny to me..
- The night-time shows were ok - but when the caribbean steel band played ALL covers for their session, that again was cheesy. I mean cmon where was the authentic caribbean tunes?