"I Moose Eat!"
22.05.2010 - 23.05.2010 24 °C
- So my wife, parents and brother/gf all went up to Algonquin Park for a night visit to the park and surrounding Huntsville area. We stayed at a B&B called Algonquin Mist and the place was simply beautiful. Not your traditional, small, Victorian-style B&B, but a completely new 'cottage-style' B&B that had me thinking i was in a resort, not a B&B.
- Nice view of Peninsula Lake from the back deck, immaculately clean everywhere, bathrooms were great, beds were comfortable and breakfast plentiful and healthy. Gail and Jim, the owners, were very gracious as hosts and i would definitely recommend their place to anyone spending the night in Huntsville.
- We drove along HWY 60 through Algonquin Park, starting at the West Gate, and did one trail, Hardwood Lookout, with a medium difficulty level. It wasn't too bad, and the view was at the end of the loopy trail but we took it nice and easy since my wife is pregnant (2 more months!) and my dad had a bum knee. Although when we got to the lookout there was a 'view hog' who setup his tripod and took pics the whole time we were waiting..there.
- Saw a moose along the highway, small one, maybe a baby moose!
- Bit of black flies around, not as many as some people told us there would be. Only got a few bites..
- Drove around Deerhurst golf course and Grandview golf course (clublink). One day, i HAVE HAVE to try these courses out, they look so amazing.
- Algonquin was only 3 hrs away from our place. Oh and we wanted to buy some muskoka chairs and stopped at a couple places along the way. I can't believe the 'real' muskoka chairs were upwards of $600 each!! So ya, we came home empty handed and going back to Costco for our <$100 ones