25.06.2010 - 27.06.2010 32 °C
The boys and I headed down to Myrtle Beach, SC for our week-long golf trip, something that's been planned for years in the making.
- The drive from our house in Oakville to Plantation Resort took 17 hours! We drove through the night, stopping at pretty much every rest station for pee breaks and i'm pretty sure the GPS unit took on us side roads rather than using freeways as the majority...
- Staying at B's tito/tita's timeshare which saved us a bunch for accomodation costs. I booked us a package with EatDrinkSleepGolf for 5 course for $220 each taxes and carts included.
- Ate chinese buffet when we got here and it was the WORST chinese food ever. They like to advertise the quantity of items at the buffet places here, but trust me, the food is so shit...ask B lol.
- First course we played on Sunday was Myrtle Beach King's North. Beautiful conditions and the weather was nice in the morning but as they day got on, it got super hot and humid. Played the whites (6000 yards) and there was a fair amount of trouble on the course but not as hard as i expected. Del was on fire and shot an 89 (messed up back 9) to win and i shot 96 for 2nd place. Just couldn't hit my irons crisp and consistent and went 2-3-2-3 on the final 4 holes to screw up the charge..
- Tried to play a 2nd 18 at Man O War course but after 3rd hole, mega mega lightning and thunder struck to chase us off the course and get a rain check. The day was so freaking humid and hot and the lightning/thunder was pretty sick. We saw a house who had a lightning bolt go right through the roof!!