03.09.2008 - 08.09.2008
Well we didn't exactly go to Harvard campus on our trip to Boston, but we definitely heard Bostonians speak..well, Bostonian. Spent the past 5 days on our first trip back to North America for Andrea and Victor's wedding and it was real good to be back on North American soil.
- CONGRATS to Andrea and Victor for such a beautiful and fun wedding! They got married on Friday, September 5th at the State Room. Let me tell you, 2-storey-tall, floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking Boston Harbour, the view and setting were unbelievable! Met up with old friends from Toronto, San Diego and well, Boston and we had good times all week...so this is what missing friends is all about! We are missing out!!
- Live band was actually much better than I expected. He even did Montell Jordan lol!
- It was also a reunion of sorts for Michelle and her old housemates from McMaster university..but wheres Nunaz? lol!
- Nicky is such a good, good, good cute baby. Pretty much no crying at all, wakes up smiling (that was wicked) and loves the ladies..haha!
- Of course, since we have been around expensive shopping in London, one of our main goals was to do some damage shopping and oh boy did we do some damage! Went wild at Banana Republic, Macy's, all the good stores and it was very clear to see how much more affordable it is to live there compared to London...oh and did I mention NO SALES TAX? Yep, our suitcases were heavvvvy on the way home.
- Damnit! I have been looking all over for these Onitsuka Tiger Ultimate 81 shoes sz 9 everywhere and they are out of my size! Feels like one of those missions i have to accomplish (in London theyre £49, in US, theyre $60..big difference).
- You can't quite see it in the pic below, but we had lunch at a replica bar of the one from Cheers, the TV show. We went to the replica in Quincy Market and the real one is only like 1-2 mile away.